Highland Open Water Swims for Charity

I've been asked to help organise this series of three swims.

Last year there were six in the series, which was ambitious and stressful for the organisers.

It took a lot of sorting to get boat and kayak cover at each, especially when volunteers pull out at one day's notice.

This year the organiser is starting later than previously so we're restricting it to three swims, although there may be more towards the end of the year.

I swam the Skye Bridge event and the Sound of Mull.  They are utterly superb training for triathlon.  The confidence these swims instilled in me meant I could stand on the start line of my first Ironman and have no doubts whatsoever about the 3.8km ahead of me.  I actually enjoyed it.

We're on the look out for kayakers who can help provide support.  Finding them is my job because of my kayaking background.  If push comes to shove, I'll be in the kayak rather than in the water.

The key thing is that not a penny goes to the organisers (us).  Entry is by donation directly to the Children with Cancer charity.  Check it out at Highland Open Water Swim and scroll down to read about last year's swims.